(Japanese Mock Orange)
[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- sun, part shade
- ample to average watering
- medium growing
- Dense rounded formal shape makes excellent hedge, Wheeler's dwarf' only growsto 30" tall with 4'-5' spread, 'variegata' has gray green leaves edged with creamy white, Fruit is from clusters of white waxy flowers in spring, slightly fragrant, subject t
o Texas root rot or nematodes watch for cottony sushion scale.
- Mecium shrub with leathery foliage, prefers garden soil.
- Low maintenance, Prune only if plant becomes too large, continuous pruning ruins shape, prune in late winter, may sunburn in hot exposures.
- oriental, tropical, woodsy.