- Administrative calendar
- CALS21 process
- Strategic plan
- CALS governance
- CALS history
- CALS homepage
- Communications from the dean
- Contact us
- Dean's Office homepage
- Faculty workload guidelines
- Forbes legacy partners
- Promotion and reviews
- Search options
CALS Strategic Plans
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Strategic Plan [full document, rev. 6/23/2016]
- Be a leading economic development engine for Arizona.
- Produce employable graduates, who can do jobs that do not yet exist and create new jobs.
- Be the most sought-after place to be a part of.
- Be the most effective, efficient, responsive, flexible, and financially sustainable college on campus.
Three Mission Areas
Career and Academic Services [full document, rev. 2/12/2014]
- Enhance student learning opportunities.
- Improve learning and career development infrastructure.
- Develop financial support for Career and Academic Services.
- Enhance career development.
- Expand innovative educational programs.
- Enhance CALS retention.
- Promote faculty excellence.
- Enhance CALS recruitment.
Research [draft, rev. 1/2016]
- Build on existing research strengths and identify strategic new investment areas to maximize research achievement.
- Optimize CALS research infrastructure to support the CALS research mission.
- Define and measure resource generation for research.
- Expand communication on research activities.
- Build tech transfer, IP development, external business relations/development.
University of Arizona Cooperative Extension [full document, rev. 6/2012]
- Excellence in integrated CES research and education programs that improve lives, communities, and the economy (4-H YD, FCHS, ANR, FRTEP).
- Demonstrate and communicate the positive economic and social impacts of the CES programs.
- Invest CES resources in a strategic manner to address priorities and critical needs in Arizona and globally.
- Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Department of Agricultural Education
- School of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Entomology
- Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences
- School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- Department of Nutritional Sciences
- School of Plant Sciences
- Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Science
- CALS Communications and Cyber Technologies
- CALS Development, Alumni and Advocacy
- CALS International Programs
- Controlled Environment Agriculture Center
- Water Resources Research Center
Reports from Advisory Councils and Committees
- CALS Appointed Professionals Council
- CALS Faculty Council
- CALS Staff Council
- Dean's Research Advisory Committee
- CALS Strategic Plan 2010-2020: A Future-Focused Roadmap (One-page Plan)
- Complete Plan (16 pages, including One-page Plan)
- Frequently Asked Questions (1 page)
- Guidelines for Operational Plans and Sample Completed College Level Plan (Implementing the strategic plan, 4 pages.)
Reference Materials Used for CALS21 Strategic Plan
Strategic Plans for University of Arizona and Arizona Board of Regents
Return to CALS21 main page.