This program is a partnership between the National Tree Trust and qualifying 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations. Its purpose is to promote public awareness and a spirit of volunteerism in support of tree planting, maintenance, management, protection and cultivation projects in rural areas, communities in urban areas throughout the United States. All grant funds requested under this application must be matched equally by the applicant with non-federal funds.
Incomplete applications, faxed applications and applications
post marked after the October 1 deadline will not be considered for funding.
To be considered for grant funding under PEP, applying organization
must meet the four following requirements:
Categories of Funding & Funding Levels
1) applicant must be a not-for-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization that meets the requirements of section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. 501 (c)(3) [section 501 (c)(3) of Title, Internal Revenue Code]) and must currently be so certified;
3) applying organization must demonstrate that tree planting, maintenance and education are major components of the organization. Acceptable supporting documents include organizational by-laws, mission, strategic plan or program literature; and 2) applying organization must be volunteer-based;
4)applying organization must have been in existence for a minimum of two years.
- Tree Planting/Maintenance - minimum $2,000, not to exceed $7,000
- Education/Training - minimum $2,000, not to exceed $10,000
- Overhead/Administration - minimum $500, not to exceed $5,000
- National/Regional Program/Project - minimum $5,000
For additional information and applications, contact the PEP Grant Administrator at the National Tree Trust, 1-800-846-8733, ext 14.
|Return to Home Horticulture|
in Maricopa County, AZ
|Back to Funding Opportunities and Awards|