[AG] Treating a cactus wound to prevent bacterial necrosis

Linda Guy lindaguy@uswest.net
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:34:12 -0700

We have a summary which includes a pretty good discussion of wound treatment at
http://ag.arizona.edu/maricopa/garden/html/t-tips/diseases/saguaro.htm
I think you are wise to take some precaution [although I do not grow this cactus] given that disease seems evident already in your preserve. This bacteria can be transmitted by moths' larva as you will read in the above.

Good luck with your magnificent saguaro!
Linda Guy
Master Gardener