[AG] Silver leaves on Zucchini

Karen Olson Karen Olson" <gussiejean@earthlink.net
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:27:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0098_01BFE219.389F7FA0

Hi.  White flies can cause a zucchini plant's leaves to go silver/gray, =
and then they will eventually wilt and quit producing zucchini.  There =
are pesticides out there that kill white flies, but they only kill the =
live ones and not the eggs.  Laid eggs produce in 24 hours.  I've tried =
garlic this year.  Many bugs do not like the smell.  You can mix garlic =
in a
non-detergent cleaner and spray it on.  The cleaner makes it stick.  I =
simply sprinkled garlic powder on leaves.  It would seem that the white =
flies are gone, but I am not sure if it is from the garlic or the =
monsoon season. =20
Updated info.:  it would appear that now that the white flies are gone, =
my trashed zucchini is started to grow again.  Yippy!   Well, just the =
plant.  This heat cuts down on production to the veggie.  KO

------=_NextPart_000_0098_01BFE219.389F7FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">Hi.&nbsp; White flies can cause a =
zucchini=20
plant's leaves to go silver/gray, and then they will eventually wilt and =
quit=20
producing zucchini.&nbsp; There are pesticides out there that kill white =
flies,=20
but they only kill the live ones and not the eggs.&nbsp; Laid eggs =
produce in 24=20
hours.&nbsp; I've tried garlic this year.&nbsp; Many bugs do not like =
the=20
smell.&nbsp; You can mix garlic in a<BR>non-detergent cleaner and spray =
it=20
on.&nbsp; The cleaner makes it stick.&nbsp; I simply sprinkled garlic =
powder on=20
leaves.&nbsp; It would seem that the white flies are gone, but I am not =
sure if=20
it is from the garlic or the monsoon season.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">Updated info.:&nbsp; it would appear =
that now=20
that the white flies are gone, my trashed zucchini is started to grow=20
again.&nbsp; Yippy!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, just the plant.&nbsp; This =
heat cuts=20
down on production to the veggie.&nbsp; KO</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0098_01BFE219.389F7FA0--