Department specific details coming soon! Meanwhile, visit the U of A undergrad financial aid office.
- Graduate research assistantships and graduate teaching assistantships may be available (through the Department).
- The current departmental level of assistantship stipends range from $17,725 to $20,716 (based on degree objectives and progress) for the academic year for one-half time services.
- Regardless of the source of funding, Department policy provides that M.S. students will be supported for no more than four (4) semesters (2 years) and Ph.D. students for no more than six (6) semesters (3 years).
- The non-resident tuition fee is waived for students on assistantships of 25% time or more; the registration fee ($2,424 per semester in the 2005-2006 academic year) is not waived.
- There is a tuition remission of 50% or more of the registration fee depending on the appointment. Graduate assistants and associates, on half-time assistantships, are expected to work 20 hours per week. This may be increased to 40 hours during the summer months in order to increase annual income and professional experience.
- Students on Research Assistantships or those who have been awarded Graduate Registration Scholarships or Graduate Tuition Scholarships are required to register for 12 credits during all regular sessions.
- All students undertaking graduate work in the Department are expected to have a computer.