CALS Strategic Plan
Goals in the Two Mission Areas
Career and Academic Services [full document, rev. 11/6/2019]
- Offer applied degrees that put science to work.
- Expand undergraduate degree enrollment for students beyond the Tucson campus.
- Expand community college transfer opportunities and increase degrees awarded to transfer students.
- Enhance CALS recruitment.
- Increase retention, persistence and graduation.
- Enhance career development.
- Increase financial support for instructional excellence.
- Promote faculty teaching excellence.
- Graduate student instruction
Research [full document, rev. 11/2016]
- Build on existing strengths and identify strategic new investment areas to maximize research achievement.
- Optimize CALS research infrastructure to support the CALS research mission.
- Define and measure resource generation for research.
- Expand communication on research activities.
- Build tech transfer, IP development, external business relations/development.