V Bar V Logo

Arizona Agricultural
Experiment Station
V Bar V Ranch
4005 N. Forest Road 618
Rimrock, AZ 86335
(928) 567-6954

Brand History

1907

The V Bar V brand is an old-timer, over 100 years old! It was first recorded by A.W. Bradford of Flagstaff in 1907.

1917

About 1917, the brand become the property of C. Montgomery of Camp Verde, and in 1926, it was recorded to Ida May Swift Minotto.

1927

When the Minottos formed their cattle company in 1927, the V Bar V brand was chosen as the most simple and easy to use.

1933

The brand passed with ownership of the ranch to Marcus J. Lawrence in 1933, and on to subsequent owners.

1995-present

Today, the V Bar V brand is registered to The University of Arizona.


Ranch History Timeline

Current Owner



Branding Then

Branding Then

Branding Now
Branding Now