Why an Application?
SAI uses applications instead of registrations. We only have room for 30 educators, and many more than this want to participate. We also need to be fiscally responsible to our donors.
The cost for one’s travel, lodging, and meals for 4 nights & 5 days would be around $665/educator. However, participants are only asked to pay about 25% of this cost. The remaining 75% is paid for by the Arizona Foundation for Agricultural Literacy which is dependent on donations from Arizona agribusinesses. In order to maximize the educational benefits, SAI limits the number of participants to 30 educators and selects those who are able to effectively share what they learn with their students and the community. The SAI Committee reviews each application and gives great weight to the essay portion in order to determine who appropriately fits SAI.
There are four main sections to the application (Contact information, Work Information, Essay Questions, and Final Page). Each section, except for the essay questions, should take no more than a minute.
When completing the application, be sure to use an email address that you check regularly, especially in May and early June. If you use school email, keep in mind your ability to access it once school is no longer in session.
It is highly suggested that you answer the essay questions separately in a Word Document and paste your answers when you’re ready to complete the application. The two essay questions are listed below. Please pay close attention to word length, grammar, and punctuation, answering each in 100-150 words.
- Indicate how you expect the Summer Agricultural Institute will assist you in your current position?
- Why should you be chosen to participate in the Summer Agricultural Institute?
After clicking the submit button on the application, a confirmation page will appear. This acts as your confirmation that your application has been received and recorded. Unless there are questions about your application, you will not receive additional emails until receiving the results of your application.
The application is available online through Google Forms. Some applicants have applied from school and found that their school’s server has this function blocked. If you have difficulties accessing the application, you may want to either apply from another location or talk with your school’s technology department.
After submitting your application, please download the SAI Calendar in order to receive important calendar reminders and to help you keep the week of SAI open.