Trent Teegerstrom, Associate Director for Federally Recognized Tribal Extension Programs and AREC Extension Specialist, has been selected as the 2019-20 Administrator of the Year. Trent was honored at the ALVSCE Fall 2019 luncheon on November 6. This award recognizes outstanding achievements and contributions by an administrator in the division. The College and the Department congratulate Trent for the extraordinary work he continually does for our community and State. Thank you, Trent, for your work, dedication, and Wildcat Spirit. See Trent's profile at https://cals.arizona.edu/arec/faculty/trent-teegerstrom.
Image above from award ceremony, Nov. 6. Photo credit: Dari Duval
What is the Award?
The Division of Agriculture, Life and Veterinary Sciences, and Cooperative Extension (ALVSCE) Administrator of the Year Award was created to recognize and honor outstanding achievements and contributions by an administrator in ALVSCE. This award, which will be given annually, will consist of a plaque for the recipient and a monetary award of $1,000 to be made to the winner’s administrative unit in honor of the recipient.
Members of the selection committee will include the Executive Council, elected head of the unit heads, the Assistant Dean for Faculty Advancement, chair of the CALS Faculty Council, chair of the CALS Staff Council, chair of the ALVSCE Appointed Professionals Council, and the senior director of development. The committee, which will be chaired by the vice president, will review all nominations and make their selection based on the following criteria.
ALVSCE Administrator of the Year Award Suggested Criteria
Demonstration of Leadership Skills
- ability to articulate a vision and plan outcomes
- ability to motivate others and develop positive attitudes
- team building
- conflict management
Exceptional Contributions Toward Efficiency and/or Effectiveness of Division of Agriculture, Life and Veterinary Sciences, and Cooperative Extension
- contributions of ideas and/or planning which have a significantly positive impact on administration, research, extension or academic programs in ALVSCE
- promoting improved methods of communication between personnel at all levels of the division
- promoting teamwork or cooperative efforts among college personnel to further the mission and values of the division
Outstanding Service to the University Community, Division of Agriculture, Life and Veterinary Sciences, and Cooperative Extension and the People of Arizona
- service on university committees
- service to ALVSCE community and the State of Arizona
- service on national boards and committees
Special Efforts to Promote and Support Diversity
- proven record of mentoring faculty, graduate students, appointed personnel, staff and/or students, particularly underrepresented groups
- proven record of promoting the value of diversity in his/her unit’s culture
Distinguished Efforts in Faculty, Staff and Appointed Professionals Development Recognition
- making special efforts to recognize excellence in others
- creating extra opportunities to develop skills and abilities in employees
- contributing to an exceptionally supportive, team-oriented environment