Internship Report Guidelines
The Internship Report is worth 75% of your final grade and the due date will be arranged between the student intern and the internship course instructor. Typically, when a summer internship is completed, the due date of the Report is 1 month after the duration of the summer internship or the date assigned by the internship course instructor. When completing the internship work in Fall or Spring semesters, the due date is within that semester before the last date of classes or the date assigned by the internship course instructor. Confirm the due date with the AREC internship course instructor. The report should be 6-10 pages in length, typed using 12pt font and double-spaced. Remember, writing skills or lack thereof may significantly affect your final grade, pay close attention to spelling and grammar.
The report should include the following five sections:
- Present a description and history of the internship organization, identifying supervisors and district executives by name, title, and responsibilities. (2 pages maximum).
- Include a summary of the activities associated with a typical day on the job. Highlight the activities of an eventful period while on the job as an intern. (2 pages maximum).
- Summarize new concepts, theories, and techniques learned during the internship experience. Present an analytical assessment of the value of this new knowledge in meeting your career and educational objectives. (2 pages maximum).
- Identify concepts, theories, and principals learned in the classroom that were helpful to you in performing your duties as an intern. (2 pages maximum).
- Summarize your on-the-job accomplishments working as an intern with the internship organization. (2 pages maximum).