* Read your University of Arizona email daily.
* Take the initiative to meet with your advisor at least once per semester to discuss your progress.
* Be involved in the advising process by being prepared to discuss your goals and educational plans during meetings; bring questions and necessary materials to meeting; and be open to suggestions.
* Execute an academic plan directed toward completing your degree.
* Take responsibility for making your own academic and career decisions based on available information and advice, including your graduation plan.
* Develop a working knowledge of policies, procedures, deadlines, and campus resources.
* Review and become familiar with your major/minor requirements each semester and track your progress towards graduation.
* Frequently visit the Career Services office. Participate in their events and services.
* Advise you in making academic decisions consistent with your interests, values, abilities, and goals, and relate them to academic majors and minors.
* Accurately and consistently communicate College and University policies and processes, deadlines, and campus resources.
* Listen responsively, address questions, concerns, and problems; refer you to appropriate support services when needed.
* Assist you in: defining and/or clarifying your academic and career goals; creating short and long-term academic plans consistent with those goals; evaluating transfer and study abroad credit; planning for graduation.
* Facilitate relationships between the student and other individuals on campus who may provide assistance.
* Maintain confidentiality according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
* Be available and accessible to answer questions in person, via e-mail, or by phone.