Meeting With a CAS Advisor
1. Scheduled appointment (M-F, 9am-4pm)
- Appointments usually last 30 minutes to discuss course scheduling, career plans, internships, study abroad, pre-professional
- Appointments are scheduled in advance by calling (520) 621-3616. Please have your student ID number or NetID ready.
- If you are unable to meet in person, phone appointments may be scheduled.
2. E-mail or telephone
When you have a short, general question that requires a brief, one-line answer (e.g., Does ARH 329 count for both Tier 2 Arts and Tier 2 Humanities?). Please refer to our website and/or the University of Arizona website first, as many questions are already answered for you there.
3. Walk-in advising (varies weekly)
When you need an answer to a quick question (e.g., Would NSC 170C fulfill my last T1 NATS requirement?); meetings tend to last less than 10 minutes. Consultation is available on a first-come, first-served basis with the advisor on call.
Walk-in advising and email/telephone should NOT be used for questions such as, “What General Education classes do I have left?” These questions seem deceptively simple, but may entail large amounts of information that are best explained in person. The only exception to this is if you physically cannot come in to meet with an advisor (e.g., you are not in Tucson, away on an internship or study abroad, etc.).
To schedule an appointment or to obtain walk-in hour availability please call (520) 621-3616 or visit in-person in Forbes 203.