· Arrive promptly for your appointment and check in at the front desk.
· Call to cancel if you are unable to make it.
· Make your appointment WELL IN ADVANCE of your registration appointment for classes.
· Write down a list of topics and/or questions you want to address.
· Prepare a list of courses you are considering.
· Keep all your advising information organized in a folder and bring it to appointments with you.
· Bring paper and pen to take notes.
· Turn off your cell phone before you walk into the advising office.
· Use your University of Arizona account.
· Use a clear subject line, such as “Question about my schedule.”
· Include your full name and student ID number.
· Include the course numbers of any classes you are having difficulty registering for, along with any error messages you may be receiving.
· Keep your questions clear, short and to the point.
· Do not be too casual with your advisor when using email. Proofread and use spell check.
· Allow 24 hours for a response, excluding weekends and holidays.
· Leave your name, student ID number, phone number with area code, repeated twice, and your question.
· Speak slowly and clearly.