WNPA 2022 Research Grant Proposals
WNPA supports the acquisition of knowledge by providing grants in support of research that benefits the management, preservation, and interpretation of National Park Service (NPS) resources served by WNPA. The research grant program supplements research programs of the NPS. Grant proposals are reviewed annually by WNPA’s Research Committee, which consists of board members and other volunteers with extensive backgrounds in science and other relevant experience.
- Proposals are typically generated in one of two ways:
- National Park Service (NPS) official determines a need for research and finds a principal investigator (PI).
- Researcher contacts the park with an idea for research.
- Submissions must be completed electronically through the WNPA web portal no later than November 16, 2021. WNPA Web Portal | Research Grants. The full RFP, including guidelines and applications, is also available for download in PDF format.
- WNPA Research Committee reviews submitted grant proposals and approves funding.
- Parks and primary principal investigator(s) will be notified by email of funding decisions the week of December 13, 2021.
- Shortly thereafter, those approved for funding will receive an electronic copy of the 2022 WNPA Grant Awardee Handbook.
- This document includes the grant agreement which requires electronic signatures of the superintendent, chief of interpretation and primary principal investigator as the final step in the grant approval process.
- A copy of the handbook will be delivered electronically through DocuSign. Once fully executed by all parties, a final copy will be delivered to all signers automatically by DocuSign.
To learn more about the WNPA grant research RFP process, visit WNPA | 2022 Research Grants where you can download a copy of the full RFP and submit your proposal electronically through the web portal. Should you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to contact Julie Tainter, WNPA Office Manager, at 520-789-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail). For fiscal year 2022 project funding consideration, all proposals and renewal budget request(s) must be submitted online through the WNPA web portal by November 16, 2021; this deadline is absolute. For your convenience, attached is a quick reference guide to navigating the new grant web portal.
Since 1938 WNPA has worked to connect generations to parks in meaningful ways, all with one simple goal: create advocates who want to preserve and protect these special places for everyone, for all time. Sharing your research results, information and assets gives us the ability to create a story that inspires people to become a park advocate – more park advocates lead to more donations and more donations equates to more funding for research!