Entomology Public Information and Research Web Sites
The following links will take you to Entomology public information and research web sites that have been developed by UA Entomology Department personnel:
- Arizona Insect Festival - UA Department of Entomology hosts a unique Festival for science literacy and increasing awareness about the importance of insects.
- Insect Discovery - An outreach education program for elementary school students
- University of Arizona Insect Insect Collection (UAIC) Database - The UAIC has a species-level database of the holdings in the pinned collection. The database includes full taxonomic information and general distribution data derived from the UAIC specimens as well as from literature sources.
- What's bugging you in Arizona? - Online insect information through the Integrated Pest Management Team.
- iNaturalist Arizona Insects Project - Connect with other naturalists and identify the insects that you find!
- eButterfly - An online community to unite butterfly enthusiasts. Co-directed by Dr. Katy Prudic
- The University of Arizona Cooperative Extension - An outreach portal with many resources, including Home & Urban Horticulture, Commercial Horticulture, & Master Gardener information
- Arizona Crop Information Site - Arizona Agriculture and IPM. AZ Crop Information Site's Insect Field Collection Photos for insect identification
- Arizona Pest Management Center - IPM crop profiles.
- Pesticide Safety Education Program - Safety and certification.
- White Fly Database - information on whiteflies important to agriculture.
- Center for Insect Science - A consortium for insect research and education in Arizona.