Outreach & Engagement
Entomology Public Information and Research Web Sites
The following links will take you to Entomology public information and research web sites that have been developed by UA Entomology Department personnel:
- Arizona Insect Festival - UA Department of Entomology hosts a unique Festival for science literacy and increasing awareness about the importance of insects.
- Insect Discovery - An outreach education program for elementary school students
- University of Arizona Insect Insect Collection (UAIC) Database - The UAIC has a species-level database of the holdings in the pinned collection. The database includes full taxonomic information and general distribution data derived from the UAIC specimens as well as from literature sources.
- What's bugging you in Arizona? - Online insect information through the Integrated Pest Management Team.
- iNaturalist Arizona Insects Project - Connect with other naturalists and identify the insects that you find!
- eButterfly - An online community to unite butterfly enthusiasts. Co-directed by Dr. Katy Prudic
- The University of Arizona Cooperative Extension - An outreach portal with many resources, including Home & Urban Horticulture, Commercial Horticulture, & Master Gardener information
- Arizona Crop Information Site - Arizona Agriculture and IPM. AZ Crop Information Site's Insect Field Collection Photos for insect identification
- Arizona Pest Management Center - IPM crop profiles.
- Pesticide Safety Education Program - Safety and certification.
- White Fly Database - information on whiteflies important to agriculture.
- Center for Insect Science - A consortium for insect research and education in Arizona.