The College of Agriculture & Life Sciences holds an Honors Convocation each fall to recognize students who have achieved academic excellence in undergraduate degree programs for the previous academic year. The event not only celebrates the hard work of students, but also serves to recognize the family and friends who support them.
CALS Honors Convocation Ceremony
Friday, October 11, 2019
Check-in, 2:55 - 3:15 pm | Event begins, 3:15 pm
Social Sciences Building, Room 100
Following the ceremony, please join us for photos and a reception in the Forbes Building.
- All eligible students received an email invitation.
- RSVP deadline is Monday, October 7, 2019.
- Guests are welcome but space is limited. RSVP as soon as possible in order to reserve your seat; we will quickly reach capacity for the ceremony. Please include the number of guests attending in your RSVP.
Eligible students who attend the ceremony will be individually recognized. Students will have their name read, walk across the stage, and receive a cord for either Highest Academic Distinction or Academic Distinction.
- Highest Academic Distinction – red, white and royal blue cord
- Based on 30 regularly graded units the previous academic year and a 4.000 grade-point-average
- Academic Distinction – red cord
- Based on 30 regularly graded units the previous academic year and a grade-point-average of 3.500-3.999
What to Expect
- Professional dress is recommended for all participating students.
- Students may sit with their families.
- A reception follows the ceremony. The reception is a good opportunity to take photos and to celebrate with faculty and advisors over hors d’oeuvres.
- A designated photo stop will be setup in the Forbes Building during the reception.