Advising and Student Services Covid-19 Update
The Student Services staff are working remotely, and advising is currently only available through phone or Zoom video appointments, and no drop-in hours are available at this time. To make an appointment with your Norton advisor, please click here
Study Spaces Available In McClelland Park!
Looking for a space to attend your virtual classes, study, or use UA wifi? McClelland Park is open to you!
Students have access to the rooms on the first and second floors of McClelland Park, the doors are unlocked for you! Here are the spaces available:
- First floor lobby (M-F 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Saturday 1:00-6:00 PM, Sunday 1:00-10:00 PM) – the computer lab is also open during these hours
- First floor classrooms (M-F 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Second floor classrooms and study rooms (M-F 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Classroom spaces will continue to be available until in person classes resume. For now, please use these classroom spaces for your needs!
- Our only requirements are that you 1) clean up after yourself and 2) follow all UA safety guidelines by social distancing and wearing your masks.
** Outside and Inside doors will lock at 5:00 PM. If you are outside of the room when it locks, you will be locked out. Make sure you are aware of the time so you do not lock yourself out after 5:00 PM.
Additional Options for Study Spaces!
The University of Arizona has also set aside select classrooms to be used as study spaces. The spaces are:
- Student Union, room 364 - 42 available desk spaces
- Shantz, room 247 - 14 available desk spaces
- Harvill, room 210 - 23 available desk spaces
The spaces are available Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Please bring your Catcard and a mask! See below for more details!
Spring 2021 Schedule Updates
The University of Arizona has made a decision to replace the 2021 Spring Break with a series of Reading Days spread throughout the Spring 2021 semester.
The following days will be designated as Reading Days and will allow students and instructors to take needed breaks during the academic term:
• Thursday, February 25, 2021
• Tuesday, March 9, 2021
• Wednesday, March 10, 2021
• Friday, April 2, 2021
• Wednesday, April 21, 2021
The schedule of Reading Days will allow for the same number of class meetings as would normally occur during our regular Spring session for on-campus classes.
Mental Health Services
The University of Arizona offers a variety of resources for student mental health. For more information available on the resources available and how to access them please click here
Dean of Students Emergency Fund
Please visit the Dean of Students webpage for important student resources. The Richard H. Tyler Student Emergency Fund application is available to support our students who are in danger from withdrawing due to an unexpected, temporary financial hardship as a result of illness, family crisis, natural disaster, or other emergency or crisis situations. The fund is intended to assist UA students by providing subsidies solely for unexpected emergency expenses. The Richard H. Tyler Student Emergency Fund is intended to cover temporary costs that may hinder a student from succeeding academically or from meeting their basic needs. Therefore, students may only apply for assistance once per academic year.
Think Tank Resources
Academic Skills Tutoring Appointment: FREE online sessions for academic skills tutoring appointments via zoom.
- We have hours available Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. same-day appointments available! For more information follow this link: https://thinktank.arizona.edu/academic-skills/academic-skills-tutoring
Academic Skills Workshops: FREE workshops on strategies for success in online classes, time management, test preparation and more! For more information follow this link: https://thinktank.arizona.edu/academic-skills/workshops-schedule
- Weeknight Wildcat Series: Monday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Wildcat Wednesdays Series: Wednesdays 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Workshops by request specifically for your course. These can be requested for this semester or next by filling out this form: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4YIqTLbsLR4IuGN.
Financial Aid Resources: Know Before You Go
Looking for some help from the Financial Aid Department? Save yourself the virtual wait and read through some of the commonly asked questions and topics.
Still need an appointment? Use this link to contact the OSFA
To read about the CARES Act and how you can apply for funds please use link below
CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund – Student Aid
Please also visit the University of Arizona's Covid-19 Response webpage for testing information and campus updates
To register for Covid-19 testing please click here