I graduated from Brigham Young University with an undergraduate degree in family studies and human development. I also earned a master's degree in marriage and family therapy at Brigham Young University. I am a licensed marriage and family therapist (state of Kansas). I earned a doctoral degree in human ecology with an emphasis in marriage and family therapy at Kansas State University. I also hold the Certified Family Life Educator credential offered by NCFR, and love teaching about family science in the classroom.
My clinical and research specialties center on couple relationships. I have focused my clinical training in working with couples, families, and individuals who are experiencing relationship problems and mental health issues. My research has focused on relationship maintenance and upkeep, attachment in couple relationships, and cyclical couple relationships.
Areas of Expertise
- Couple relationships
- Emotional intimacy in close relationships
- Marriage and family therapy
- Family resliency and adaptation
- Mental health and families
- Family life education
- Suicide prevention
- FSHD 427A: Mental Health & The Family: Adulthood
- FSHD 401: Basic Skills in Counseling
- FSHD 427C: Mental Health & The Family: Childhood and Adolescence
- FSHD 257: Contemporary Families