Specific Internship Opportunities
The International Rescue Committee in Tucson is currently accepting applicants for the IRC Fall Internship Program.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid organization that responds to the world’s worst crises and helps people survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC in Tucson opened in 1997, and is one of 30 U.S. offices that work locally with the community to best provide culturally and linguistically appropriate services that reflect the unique challenges refugees face. Our mission is to provide opportunities for refugees – survivors of violent conflict, and often torture – to rebuild their lives and regain self-reliance. Interns will be assigned to various tasks, such as helping newly arrived refugees find employment, teaching Cultural Orientation classes to help refugees adjust to life in America, or advocating on behalf of refugee’s medical needs.
Available Fall Internships:
· Family and Youth Case Management Support
· Health and Medical Advocacy
· Cultural Orientation
· Employment and Economic Empowerment
· Nutrition and Food Security
· Behavioral Health and Survivors of Torture Case Management
· Reception and Administrative Services
· Immigration Services
· New Roots Agricultural Support
· Housing and Family Support
Learn more about each of the internship positions offered by the IRC here. Fall interns are expected to work approximately 10 to 15 hours per week. All internships are unpaid but course credit is often available.
· Fall internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
· To apply, submit an application here.
· Once your application is received, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
· All intern candidates must be able to pass a criminal history check and most positions require a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
For any questions, please contact Kristen Miller, the Volunteer Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org or call 520 319 2128 ext 124.
Specific Job Opportunities
Career Transition Specialist (Full Time)
at Fred G. Acosta Job Corps
See Job Posting Here: https://tucson.jobing.com/fred-g-acosta-job-corps/career-transition-specialist-full-time-1-9716620
If you have questions about this position, feel free to email one of our FSHD graduates who started working for this organization after graduating with her FSHD Degree:
Celeste Chacon: email@example.com