Five FSHD undergraduate students participated in the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Consortium (UROC) research conference (https://grad.arizona.edu/uroc/uroc).
UROC provides participants with excellent research training and graduate school preparation through
- an intensive 10-week research experience under the guidance of a faculty mentor
- professional development and graduate admission workshops
- a free professional GRE workshop and encouragement to take the GRE during UROC
- social opportunities and a support network of like-minded peers
- poster session, oral presentation, and abstract writing.
Four of the FSHD students, Ericka Encinas, Caldonia Mask, William Palmer, and Jasmine Wilson, participated in the UROC-PREP program. One student, Janette Carrillo, participated in the Minority Health Disparities program.
Congratulations to these students on their participation in the 20th Annual Conference!