The application deadline for Summer 2018 is Feb. 16, 2018.
Since 1992, HACU has offered one of the best internship programs in the country. We believe that participation in an internship is an invaluable opportunity to gain hands-on work experience, but internships offered through many other organizations often come at a price, whether monetary or otherwise.
To honor our commitment to providing equal access to such opportunities, the HACU National Internship Program offers many additional benefits which offset or eliminate many common costs of taking part in an internship.
USDA/Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program – HNIP
- Paid internships
- Provides undergraduate and graduate internship opportunities
- Provides professional Federal experience that complements student education
- Pipelines qualified and talented students into USDA
2017 Internship Opportunity Totals
- SPRING: 61
- SUMMER: 109
- FALL: 92
- OVERALL: 262
Travel and Housing
- Round-trip airfare is arranged and paid for by HACU
- (Two day orientation in Washington, DC)
- Housing accommodations can be arranged by HACU
Students receive hands-on work experience, mentoring, and networking opportunities
- Interns may be eligible to receive academic credit at their educational institution
- Placements available for spring, summer, and fall sessions
- Summer (10 weeks)
- Spring and Fall (15 weeks)
Please note that the application deadline for Summer 2018 is Feb. 16, 2018. Apply Online: https://www.hacu.net/hacu/Apply_Online.asp