At PetSmart, we believe pets make us better people. That’s why we create more moments for people to be inspired by pets.
PetSmart is looking for enthusiastic undergrads with the drive to develop into strong leaders. Let us help you jumpstart your career with the support you need through our Distribution Center Leadership Intern Program.
The Distribution Centers are the key to PetSmart’s thriving Supply Chain; without them we could not stock our shelves with the innovative products that our pet parents have come to expect. Each of these large buildings is hard at work moving merchandise, organizing our inventory and delivering great service to their clients: our stores. Our DC associates delight our customers by ensuring products are in the right place, at the right time.
Our DC Leadership Intern Program offers you multiple opportunities to:
• Follow a structured learning path that will educate you on the functional areas of a PetSmart Distribution Center
• Enhance your personal leadership and communication skills in preparation for a leadership career in Supply Chain Management.
• Build interpersonal and leadership skills that will give you the confidence to inspire and develop associates
You won’t be doing it alone; you’ll learn from experienced leaders and have a dedicated mentor to help you along the way. After ten (10) weeks in the program, you will have the foundational skills for a full-time DC Leadership in Training Program and ultimately Operations Supervisor position at PetSmart. Unleash the leader you’re meant to be with the opportunity to explore our leadership positions and achieve results in our organization.
Sound like something that would get your tail wagging? Then come join our team as a DC Leadership Intern!
What will you do?
• Learn the skills to lead a team of diverse associates from an experienced network of leaders
• Operate in a big box DC and get hands-on exposure to a Fortune 300 retailer’s supply chain
• Regular conference calls with other interns and DC’s to discuss the internship experience and any projects
• Understand the different DC departments at a high level: receiving, replenishment, order fill, shipping, DC services, and in some combo DC’s, the fish department
What’s in it for you?
• Structured curriculum
• Fast-paced, energetic work environment
• Supportive manager and dedicated mentor
• Competitive pay rate
• Exposure to supply chain leadership
What will you need?
• Junior level student who is working toward a Bachelor’s degree
• Supply Chain, Operations, or Logistics Major preferred
• A passion for distribution center operations
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong leadership and coaching skills
• Openness to relocate and adapt to change
• An essential function of the position can include heavy lifting, up to and including 70 lbs.
• This position requires continuous standing and walking, up to and including 12 hour shifts.
Please apply online at https://careers.petsmart.com/
Aug 29, 2016
Applications Accepted Until:
Jan 04, 2017