Position: Business of Sales Internship
Location: Company Wide
Reports To: Area Sales Manager and/or Area Product Support Manager
Revision Date: November 2017
The Titan Machinery Business of Sales Internship will provide individuals with the opportunity to work with the store and Leadership personnel in the equipment, parts, rental, and service sales, and administrative processes within one of our dealership locations. This experience will include assisting our Sales Teams with the marketing and selling of new, used, and rental equipment. In addition, individuals will gain an understanding of our product support systems and procedures. Opportunities for continued employment and career growth within Titan Machinery may be available for individuals who successfully complete this internship.
The Intern will learn product information.
- Research equipment brands/attributes/descriptions
- Analyze inventory management practices
- Understand equipment evaluation (pricing strategies)
The Intern will develop a working knowledge of the Titan Machinery equipment sales and rental process.
- Explore financing
- Understand trade appraisal process
- Assist with sales packet completion
- Become familiar with the rental process
- Complete DPOs
The Intern will engage in customer relationship building.
- Participate in prospecting
- Navigate CRM
The Intern will gain experience in the parts and service sales process.
- Become familiar with service department process and procedures.
- Service scheduling, warranty, and billing
- Parts inventory, lookup, and equipment selling
The Intern will participate in other professional development activities.
- Contribute to store meetings
- Attend clinics/seminars/trade shows as available
- Currently pursuing a degree in Agriculture, Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field
- 8 to 12-week commitment to part time (40 hours) summer employment
- Ability to handle and resolve frequent interpersonal conflict
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
- Ability to respond quickly, accurately, and professionally to demands and requests from customers and employees
- Exemplifies Titan Machinery’s Core Values
- Keen attention to detail, high level of initiative, and the ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently and cost effectively
- Ability to travel on a limited basis
- A willingness to learn
- Capacity to perform in a fast-paced changing work environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with a high level of computer literacy
- Strong organization, decision making, and problem-solving skills
This position description does not list all the duties of the position. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this position description. The employer has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, without notice.