The summer 2018 internship application period is Jan. 22-26.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) offers semester-long paid internships each semester (spring, summer and fall) located in all 50 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C. Collegiate students (sophomore status and above) or students having completed one full year of college, professional program, trade school, or other, with a direct interest in agriculture (production, law, communications, business, technology, etc.) can apply.
Student Trainee (Agricultural Programs)
- Agency: Department of Agriculture - Agency Wide
- Number of Job Opportunities & Location(s): Many vacancies - Multiple Locations, such as: Phoenix, AZ; Davis, CA; Washington, D.C.
- Salary: $21,121.00 to $37,630.00 / Per Year
- Series and Grade: GS-1199-02/05
- Open Period: Monday, January 22, 2018 to Friday, January 26, 2018
- Position Information: Internships - Full-Time
- Who May Apply: Currently enrolled students or students accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program.
The major duties of the Student Trainee (Agricultural Programs) internship may include, but not limited to the following:
- Providing outreach and partnership building across USDA's large and diverse mission;
- Assist in establishing and implementing innovative and strategic plans to engage the next generation of agriculture, and various USDA stakeholders, including Congress, Governors, mayors, members of the press, and farm and agriculture organizations;
- Assist USDA customers and stakeholders and communicate positively, in a friendly manner;
- Use word processing software and printing equipment to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print a variety of reports and documents.
Notification of selection will be made by March 30th.
Applications should include one PDF document with:
- a resume
- a cover letter
- an official transcript
The fall 2018 internship application period will open in April 2018. The spring 2019 internship application period will open in September 2018.