Sometimes voice is what you want . . .
Zoom is the official audio and audio/video conferencing service for UA staff, faculty, and students. Conferencing using Zoom allows calls to continue seamlessly as new callers join the call.
- Participants can join via computer or phone
- Calls can be recorded and/or transcribed (optional)
- Call not interrupted when an individual joins
- Can use audio only or audio and video
- Standard long distance charges (does not apply to computer callers)
You can join up to a dozen lines on your phone without using Zoom. This method requires the employee to put the call on hold, answer the new incoming caller, and then join the phone calls. This procedure is repeated each time a person calls. If you set up a conference call through Zoom callers join without interrupting the call in progress.
- participants join by calling regular office number
- telephone only (cannot join via computer)
- call is interrupted each time an individual joins
Click here for information on how to do a multi-line call.