It's good to get paid!
We receive our paychecks on Fridays on a biweekly basis either by direct deposit (best option) or paper check. Please check the Payroll Calendar FY2020-21 for the beginning of pay period and pay days.
Submitting Time on Your Timesheet
Positive reporters (SNE or salary non-exempt) are hourly employees who are eligible to earn overtime or compensatory time. Working above your scheduled hours or overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor. Our departmental policy limits the accrual of compensatory time to equal the employee's FTE. Example: Employees who are 1.0 full-time equivalent FTE can accrue up to 40 hours of comp time; employees who are 0.50 FTE can accrue up to 20 hours of comp time, etc.
Exception reporters (SE or salary exempt) are salaried employees who are not eligible to earn overtime.
Below are steps for submitting your timesheet. Payroll Information for New Employees is a helpful tool.
- Go to UAccess: http://uaccess.arizona.edu
- Under UAcess Employee, click on Employee/Manager Self Service
- Log in using your NetID and password.
- In the blue Menu box, click on Self-Service.
- Under Self-Service click on Time Reporting.
- Click the Timesheet link under Report Time.
- Positive reporters: Report your hours for each day. Each type of hours you are reporting (e.g. regular, sick, vacation) will have its own row. For Exception reporters: Report Presence at Work (PAW). Reporting only PAW on a timesheet does not require supervisor approval. Exception reporters will still need to report sick and vacation hours. All Time Reporters: Be sure to select the correct Time Reporting Codes from the drop down menu. Rows can be added or removed by clicking the + or - boxes.
- If you work less than 40 hours per week or make less than $455 per week you may be a positive time reporter. Positive reporters record the actual number of hours worked each day. If you are unsure please ask Mary Conner to show you how to complete your timesheet.
- Submit your hours for approval by clicking Save and Submit.
Timesheets needs to be completed and submitted by 5:00 pm on Wednesdays at the beginning of the pay period. Supervisors need to approve timesheets by 3:00 PM on Fridays at the beginning of the pay period. Supervisors = Time Approvers is strongly endorsed under CALS Best Practices. Any timesheets which are not approved by 4:00 pm will be approved by the department payroll coordinator.
It is the responsibility of the time reporter to submit timesheets on time. Payroll will not accept Off-cycle Pay requests when the fault lies with the time reporter.