At MCCE travel is processed by Mary Conner or Brittany Hobe (SNAP-Ed). (See Travel Process Flowchart). All employees have a blanket travel authorization on file with FSO - Travel Office which pre-authorizes employees for in-state travel. This is good for the fiscal year. Detailed travel policies can be viewed on the FSO Policies and Procedures site.
- Travel includes in-state travel whether just mileage or overnight, out-of-state travel, and foreign travel. Any current employee, student or affiliate can travel on University business.
- All travel must be pre-authorized. A travel authorization needs to be on file at FSO before the travel begins. Complete the travel authorization worksheet on the workgroup in the folder Maricopa.
- Conference registration can be paid with a p-card. A p-card with travel enhancement can be used to pay for airfare.
- A p-card with hotel enhancement can be used to pay for lodging. You may request for pre-paid hotel (10 business days) through Eunice or ask for a travel advance from Mary Conner (at least two weeks prior). Travel advances must be at least $250 and no more than 75% of the total cost of trip.
- Rental Cars - Decline the collision damage insurance waiver (CDW) unless you are under 25 years old or are on foreign travel status. Losses below the deductible will be covered by State of Arizona self-insurance. In the event of an accident follow Risk Management policies. Do not pay for the damages. Contact Mary Conner or Eunice Gonzales or Risk Management at (520) 621-1790.
- Be sure to retain all receipts related to your travel.
- Register Travel Itinerary in the Travel Registry as soon as travel is known.
- Travel authorization must be submitted 30 days prior to travel. Prior to departure all international travel must be approved.
- Review International Travel Security guidelines and meet with Cathy Munger to mitigate or resolve discrepancies prior to travel.
- Complete the travel expense worksheet which is located in Box's MCCE-maricopa if you received a travel advance or need reimbursement for expenses.
- These items are needed to reimburse and settle your advance in a timely manner:
- Conference brochure/agenda: Required for conference fees, designated lodging, and per diem.
- Mileage: Odometer readings. Reimbursement for in-state travel using your personal vehicle complete the Mileage Form.xlsx on the workgroup in maricopa.
- Airfare: Original passenger receipt.
- Car rental: Original itemized receipt.
- Lodging: Original itemized receipt.
- Expense report will be submitted for reimbursement. Expense reports must be submitted within 90 days of travel or the reimbursement will be taxable.