University of Arizona, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
OF INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
The primary mission of the Office of International
Programs at the University of Arizona's College
of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) is to support the participation
of CALS in international agriculture research, training, and development. Its
secondary objective is to support faculty project proposals for international
To accomplish its mission, the Office of International Programs
serves several functions by directing its activities toward:
- identifying program directions and priorities with the aid
of CALS departments and faculty.
- focusing on project proposal development in line with CALS
departments/faculty capabilities and interests in international research and
- attracting sponsored international students to attend the
- searching various databases for information on potential
international projects and circulating this information to appropriate faculty
provide support for visiting and outgoing Fulbright and Borlaug Fellows and Scholars.
- assist with recruitment of Farmer to Farmer Volunteers from faculty, staff and students to serve abroad.
- coordinate and supervise regional Peace Corps recruiting.
- producing a quarterly report summarizing all current activities.
Updated: Sept 2011.