The Water Conservation
& Agricultural Water Management issues that
Arizona Extension Faculty and Staff are addressing include:
Groundwater Quantity, Overdrafting
Conservation In and Around the Home
- Program Planning
- This page describes the strategic-planning components for the Water
Conservation & Agricultural
Water Management theme.
- Project WET is an interdisciplinary, supplementary water education
program for Arizona educators. WET provides teaching aids for kindergarteners
through 12th graders. Information about the Nonpoint
Source Water Pollution Curriculum for grades 9-12 is also available
on the site.
- Low 4 program
- The Low 4/Pima County Cooperative Extension Program is a landscape
water conservation program that was initiated in 1990. Since education is the key to long-term landscape water savings,
the Low 4 Program provides education and training to members of the
Green Industry, property managers and the residential community. Activities
include workshops, seminars, and field instruction. This project
is funded by Tucson Water and other grants.
- UA site
for WaterSmart program
- Water$mart is a program designed to educate homeowners about landscape
water conservation and xeriscape. The two or three hour workshops are
usually held on Saturdays and cover: 1)
Irrigation Timer Use, 2)
Desert Landscaping, 3) Harvesting Rainwater for Landscape Use, and
4) Hands-On Drip Irrigation.
- UA site for Water
- This web page contains tips for saving water indoors and outdoors.
These water wise ideas can not only help you save money on your water
bill, but also benefit the community by conserving this precious resource.Water
Wise is a public/privately funded University of Arizona Cooperative
- ACIS (Arizona Crop Information Site) Irrigation Information Page
- The mission of this site is to provide visitors with independent,
research-based information on the use of water for growing crops on
the farm and in the backyard.
Rangelands: Pasture and Irrigation Management
- This page discusses irrigation systems available for pastures,
and when and how much to irrigate.
- Sustainability of semi-Arid
Hydrology and Riparian Areas (SAHRA)
- SAHRA's mission is to promote sustainable management of water resources
in semi-arid regions. Site includes a web-based interactive program
about water conservation in and around the home: Residential
- This page lists, by educational material type, the educational
resources available through the University of Arizona Cooperative
Extension to support the Water Conservation & Agricultural Water
Management theme. Educational materials include fact sheets, tabletop
displays, software, and videos.
- Other resources
- This page provides links to other sources of information.