Are you a new or continuing student in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS)? If so, you’re automatically eligible to apply for the hundreds of scholarships offered exclusively to students in our college. CALS scholarships are endowed by our alumni, donors, and industry partners and have a broad range of criteria including your campus and community involvement, personal background and interests, academic achievement, and career goals. With more than $700,000 awarded to CALS students every year, you’ll likely find a scholarship that matches your unique experiences. CALS scholarships are available to all students enrolled in the college – new freshman and transfers, distance students, continuing students, and graduate students.
Log into Scholarship Universe to apply for many University of Arizona scholarships – including those offered in our college. Make sure to have your resume available for the application process. A current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is strongly recommended for all scholarship applications.
From there, it’s 5 easy steps to apply:
- Build your profile
- Find your scholarship matches under the “Scholarships” tab
- Select one or more of your eligible scholarships
- Complete the relevant scholarship applications, including the “CALS General Scholarship Application,” and upload your resume
- Click “Apply” and you’re done!
Download our helpful "how to apply" guide.
The application period for CALS scholarships is January – April of each year. The application deadline is April 1, 2017. If you receive a CALS scholarship, you’ll be notified during the summer via a hard-copy letter and an email to your official UA email account. CALS scholarships are awarded for the academic year only (fall and spring semester). If you're awarded a scholarship you'll be asked to write a thank you letter to the generous donor who funded your scholarship.
Download our tips for writing your thank you letter.
- Scholarship Questions? Contact Camille Andersen, Academic Programs Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-3612
- Need help building a resume? Visit the CALS Career Center online or in-person
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- UA Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid – Scholarships
- UA Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships