Fashion Minor Coursework
- RCSC 204: Fashion Consumer and the Economy
- FCSC 215: Introduction to Fashion Retailing
- (before Summer 2017) FCSC 225: Starting a Fashion Business OR (Summer 2017 and later) RCSC 496A: The Science of Textiles *Update*
- FCSC 333: Fashion E-tailing and Customer Management
- FCSC 335: Fashion Forecasting and Research Trends
- FCSC 435: Society Culture and Fashion Relationships
The classes are offered online during the summer for your convenience and the minor is designed to be completed in two summers. RCSC 204 will also be offered in Spring semesters, and FCSC 215 will also be offered in Fall semesters.
View the FCSC Course Descriptions used for the Fashion Minor.
You will need to complete all three 200 level courses (RCSC 204, FCSC 215 and FCSC 225/RCSC 496A) before taking the upper division courses.
How to Declare the Fashion Minor
To declare the minor, please see the following information session, followed by a brief quiz and a form to declare the minor:
Note: Your University of Arizona GPA needs to be a 2.0 or higher in order to declare the fashion minor. The classes are on a first come first served basis, and students will enroll themselves through UAccess. You must complete the three lower division courses: RCSC 204, FCSC 215 and FCSC 225/RCSC 496A in order to enroll in the upper division classes which are FCSC 333, FCSC 335 and FCSC 435.
If you have taken fashion classes at a different institution please email us with the syllabus and the class.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org