Fall 2017 Priority Registration
- Your priority registration date for Fall 2017 is listed on your Student Center, on the right sidebar under Enrollment Appointment. Your enrollment date cannot be changed at this point. Remember that your enrollment date is based on your class standing, which is based on units completed as of the beginning of this semester, not how many years you’ve been a student. You need 30 units for Sophomore, 60 units for Junior, 90 units for Senior.
- Your enrollment appointment lasts one week, from a Monday at 6am to the following Sunday at 8pm. If you miss your dates, you will not be able to enroll until enrollment reopens for all continuing students on April 24th. Be sure to check your enrollment dates!
- Unit Limit: During priority registration, students may enroll in a maximum of 16 units. As of April 24th, students may add more units, up to the cap of 19. Students in the Honors College can enroll in 19 units during their priority registration week.
- Take care of any holds that will restrict you from registering! Advisors cannot override financial holds or save seats for you if you have holds on your account.
Summer 2017 Enrollment
- Opens March 20th for all students.
- For enrollment in RCSC internship credit, please see the Internships page and attend an internship session (first link under FAQ)
Enrolling in RCSC Courses
RCSC 214, and/or RCSC 216, RCSC 216A, RCSC 295A
Students do not enroll via UAccess. Fill out a permission form, and if requirements have been met, you will be enrolled at the end of the semester. Note that pre-requisites must be complete, not in progress, so you may need to wait until the end of the semester (or after summer courses are complete) to fill out the form.
RCSC 304, 340, 384, and 300-level electives
These courses are open to students in their first semester of the RCSC major. If you are applying for progression this semester, you must wait until you are admitted (after the end of semester) to enroll in these courses.
RCSC 315, 400, and 400-level electives
These courses are open to students in their second semester of the RCSC major and beyond.
RCSC 496A in Summer Session II is for the Fashion minor, not an RCSC elective.
RCSC 496A sections in Fall are placeholder courses for a new program, not RCSC electives. RCSC majors should not enroll in these sections, as they are not RCSC major courses.
Non-RCSC courses for RCSC Pre-Major
If ACCT 250 is full, you can add yourself to our waitlist using this form. You'll be notified if/when you're added to the class, which may happen over the summer.
PSY 230 and PSY 290A are only open to Psychology majors during priority registration. These courses will open to all students after April 24th.
SOC 375 and SOC 374 require department consent for non-Sociology majors. See the department office in Social Sciences, Room 400, for assistance.
Why Can't I Enroll in...?
If you're having trouble enrolling in a class that is not listed above, please read the error message carefully before asking an advisor, and check the following items. Be sure to click on the class section, and review Enrollment Information and Class Notes.
- Is the class full?
- Does the class require you to be a certain major/minor/class standing?
- Do you need a placement for the class?
- Does the class require certain pre-requisites?
- Is there a time conflict with a class in which you're already enrolled?
- Are you exceeding the unit limit? (see above)
If the class is not RCSC or FCSC, please refer your questions to the course's department (i.e. MATH, SPAN, etc.) and not to your major advisor.